Founded in 1584 by Count Johann VI, almost 5,700 young people studied at this Reformed academy until 1817. Today it is the seat of the city museum (entrance stair tower), with many exhibits on the history of the city and the high school, as well as changing special exhibitions. In addition, it is the seat of a hotel and restaurant.
The stamp no. 1 of the WesterwaldSteig is available here.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator