Steinernes Haus / Hotel zur Krone

Brief description

According to what we now know, the origins of the „Steinernes Haus“ hark back to a dark episode in the past of the city.

Deze tekst is vertaald door google translate

Detailed description

At the end of the 15th Century, Count Gerhard II (1452-1493) moved the residence of the County of Sayn to Hachenburg, in 1461 buying the „Steinernes Haus“ (which now houses the Hotel zur Krone). The building, adorned with a beautiful renaissance façade, is crowned with a „Mohrenkopf“ (moor‘s head) on the peak of its roof. At the time, this distinguished the house as a princely residence, and is considered a talisman right up until the present day. In the fi rst fl oor can be found the oriel room, which in former times was known as the „Femestübschen“ (or „punishment chamber“ in high middle German). This alludes to the aforementioned Count Gerhard II, who, as the Femgraf, (or the „penal count“) presided over the Femegericht („penal court“). The Hotel zur Krone is now known as one of the oldest stone-built inn in Germany.

Deze tekst is vertaald door google translate

Contact and directions