Siegerländer Dom - Kath. Kirche St. Mauritius und Gefährten Niederfischbach

Brief description

The catholic parish church "St. Mauritius and companions", better known as "Siegerland Cathedral", is the only church in the district of Altenkirchen that has four towers, which underlines its proud size even more impressively. The neo-Romanesque basilica was built between 1897 and 1898 and was renovated for the first time between 1956 and 1958. From 1986 to 1990 another extensive interior renovation took place.

Translated with

Detailed description

The church "St. Mauritius and companions" in Niederfischbach was built in the years 1897/98. The floor mosaic in the central aisle of the nave, designed by the Cologne artist Professor Heiermann, is particularly worth seeing. The mosaic shows "The Root of Jesse" with six medallions of Jewish kings, the ancestors of Christ. Because of its stately size, the church is only called "Siegerland Cathedral" by the people of Niederfischbach and also in the whole surrounding area.

 Translated with

Contact and directions