Brief description

Original blacksmith's workshop from 1878.

Detailed description

Friedenthal and his smithy was founded in 1878 by Karl Kirchner and his wife Helene. As usual, his descendants learned the blacksmithing trade and operated the smithy for four generations. Today, the well-preserved building can be visited. Wilfried Kirchner, the last blacksmith, likes to demonstrate his craft. Thousands of tin figures in historical scenes, casted by Kirchner, can also be admired here.

Contact and directions

Zur Alten Schmiede 2
57586 Ölsen- Friedenthal