Haiger main station

Brief description

It is a 17-minute walk (1.4 km) from the main railway station to Haiger's city centre.

Detailed description

In 1862 the first train station was built in Haiger. However, the "Bahnhof Haiger" with the entrance building as it is known and found today was only built between 1911 and 1913. The architect of the cultural monument was Ludwig Hofmann. As a wedge station, it serves as a connection between the two routes "Betzdorf-Haiger" and "Haiger-Siegen"). The building is designed with classical elements and in Art Nouveau. Fragments of the platform barrier in the 1960s can be discovered in the middle of the building. The two metal grilles are located in front of a bench in the middle of the building. Today the station is privately owned.

It is a 17-minute walk (1.4 km) from the main railway station to Haiger's city centre.

Translated with DeepL (www.deepl.com).

Text: Stadt Haiger

Hint / Advice

Information on the accessibility equipment can be found here.

Contact and directions

Bahnhofstraße 3a
35708 Haiger