Detailed description

The remains of the town wall bear witness to the medieval importance of the settlement, which was granted town rights by Charles IV in 1357.

 Contact: Tourist Information Dierdorf, Poststraße 5, 56269 Dierdorf,Tel.: (0049 2689/291-0), E-Mail: tourismus@vg-dierdorf.de

Brief description

Owl Tower Remains of the listed city fortifications built after 1357 are still preserved on the dam of the Holzbach. The "Untertorturm", which later received the name "Eulenturm", is an approximately 27 m high round tower, a defensive tower typical of the Middle Ages. At the time it also served as a dungeon. Today there is a fire department museum there.

Contact and directions