The Protestant church in Dreifelden is around 1000 years old, making it one of the oldest churches in the entire Westerwald.
The church is the site of an ancient pilgrimage to the Holy Trinity. The nave walls with visible herringbone masonry (south side) date from a single-nave building around 1000. From an extension around 1250 with a choir tower, round apse, side aisles in half-timbering and higher nave walls come the lateral arcade openings and the small round-arched windows of the former clerestory. Traces of reconstruction from the of the Gothic period can be seen in the historic south wall. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Contact and directions