Germany’s best hiking trails
Surrounded by nature
The Top Trails of Germany, to which the WesterwaldSteig has belonged since July 2009, are the most beautiful and spectacular long-distance hiking trails in Germany. They are characterised by particularly scenic, attractive, and varied routes, including, in many places, paths with a natural surface.
Diversity is key for Top Trails. Whether hikers are looking for tranquillity or activities, culture or adventure, they will find the perfect route to suit their needs. The paths are designed to lead to the scenic and cultural highlights in their regions.
Every trail has its own character. All of them are clearly marked with their own route markers. Online hiking databases and GPS data make planning easier. Hiker-friendly hosts offer great service, from typical local dishes to a pick-up service and luggage transport.
The Top Trails of Germany:
- Albsteig (only german)
- Altmühltal Panorama Trail (only german)
- Heidschnuckenweg (only german)
- Hermannshöhen (only german)
- Der Hochrhöner
- Kammweg Erzgebirge-Vogtland (only german)
- Rothaarsteig (only german)
- Schluchtensteig Black Forest (only german)
- Weserbergland Trail (only german)
- Westweg Black Forest