The Beilstein Castle Church was built in 1616 under George of Nassau. The church is characterised by an octagonal pulpit, a sacristy, a count's chair and the church floor in the nave, which was paved with river pebbles in a herringbone pattern. During the renovation, new pebbles from the Dill River were used and laid in the old pattern. In 1979, an extensive interior restoration of the church took place. At that time, the Count and his family entered the castle church from above via the castle square. The rebuilt castle with gatehouse and the newly built tithe barn are privately owned and serve as a residential home for disabled young people. The church's granary was used by the Beilstein farmers as a drying room for grain in the wet years until the 20th century. The baroque organ probably originates from the castle church in Dillenburg and is said to have been transferred to the castle church in Beilstein around 1741. In 1974, the organ was completely renewed, and some of the stops from the old organ were used again. The seating arrangement in the nave remained until the fifties of the 20th century. Only women and children sat downstairs, arranged according to the villages of Haiern, Beilstein, Wallendorf and Rodenroth. It must have been the custom for the villagers to swap seats from time to time so that those at the back could also sit at the front. The men sat in the gallery. There are 400 seats available. In 2005 the church tower was extensively renovated and from March to December 2006 the church roof was refurbished in an elaborate and costly building project.
Text: Ev. parish Beilstein-Rodenroth
Translated with DeepL (www.deepl.com).
Built in 1616 under George of Nassau
Contact and directions