Prince's House Dillenburg

Built in late-baroque style in 1772, the house at 24 Wilhelmstraße was sold to Prince William V. of Orange (residence in The Hague, NL) in 1803, giving it the nickname the ‘Prince’s House’. Whenever the respective Orange or, later, Nassau sovereign (Duchy of Nassau) came to Dillenburg, he always took up quarters in this house.

Today, it is used by the Hesse State Stud as an administrative building. The room on the second floor is used for civil ceremonies.

Brief description

The house, built in late Baroque style in 1772, was sold to Prince William V of Orange in 1803.

Opening hours

Individuals or small groups can take a tour of the State Stud without prior appointment and free of charge.

Contact and directions