The mineral well "Sauerborn" is located about 500 metres east of the village of Probbach and was first mentioned in a document as a healing spring in 1459. At first, the water from the spring was only used by the surrounding villages. It was not until 1718 that Prince Christian of Nassau-Dillenburg gave the spring greater attention, which led to the water being shipped within Germany and even as far as the Netherlands. The prince's idea of turning Probbach into a health resort could never be realised. The distribution of the water was gradually discontinued because the well was not productive enough. The prince's personal physician attested to the healing powers of the spring water, which can still be read today in the inscription on the well. He attributed the healing properties of the water to its high carbonic acid, iron, calcium and magnesium content. The composition is influenced by the different rocks in the subsoil. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Real mineral water fresh from the well! With picnic area.