Laying of the foundation stone of the church took place in 1956.
The laying of the foundation stone and the topping-out ceremony of the Eibelshausen church took place in 1956. A special feature is that a red sandstone from the demolition of the old Dillenburg parish church was used as the foundation stone. Another remarkable feature is the essentially self-supporting church roof, which is held together by a parabolic steel band. This roof construction was tried out for the first time in Germany at the time.
Text: Catholic parish Zum Guten Hirten an der Dill.
Translated with DeepL (www.deepl.com).